RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
OCTOBER 9, 2016
LESSON SIX (6):-
THE GOD CHASERS
*OPENING PRAYER* MY FATHER, LET MY SOUL FOLLOW YOU ALWAYS. PLEASE, UPHOLD ME WITH YOUR HAND.
*BIBLE PASSAGE* PSALM 63:1-8
1. O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee,my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;
2. To see thy power and thy glory,so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.
3. Because thy loving kindness is better than life,my lips shall praise thee.
4. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
5. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:
6. When I remember thee upon my bed,and meditate on thee in the night watches.
7. Because thou hast been my help,therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.
*MEMORY VERSE*: “My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.’’-Psalm 63:8
A God Chaser is a person whose passion for God’s presence presses him to chase the impossible in the hope that the uncatchable might catch him. A child chases a loving parent until suddenly the strong arms of the father enfold the chaser (Genesis 5:24; Philippians 3:12).
*LESSON OUTLINE 1*: EXAMPLES OF GOD CHASERS
The under-listed Bible characters did certain things to prove that they really needed God and sought after Him and found Him accordingly.
Students should read the Bible passage below and identify what they did.
i. Enoch (Genesis 5:22, 24)
ii. Moses (Exodus 33:13-23)
iii. Jacob (Genesis 32:24-30)
iv. Ezra (Ezra 7:10)
v. Daniel (Daniel 6:10-22)
vi. David (Psalm 63:1-8)
vii. Paul (Philippians 3:7-14).
What does the Bible teach in John 6:65-69 and John 15:5?
*Tip*- Students who participate in the interaction should score 10 marks for class activity 1.
*LESSON OUTLINE 2*: THE GOD CHASER’S MAP
*QUESTION*- i. What is a map?
*Answer*: A map can be described as an instrument for navigation or identification of location.
*QUESTION ii* Where is God or where can God be found?
*Answers*: i. God will be found in the place of prayer and fasting – 2 Chronicles 20:3, Ezra 8:21; Daniel 9:1-3
ii. God will be found in the place of praise – Psalm 100:3-4; 22:3.
iii. God will be found in holy habitation – 2 Chronicles 34:3 Ezra 6:21; Hebrews 12:14.
iv. God will be found in His word – John 5:39; Ezra 7:10; Psalm 34:4.
*Class Activity 2: Identify the categories of people who will never find God no matter how they try.*
*SUMMARY* – i. True God chasers will find Him.
ii. Although God is omnipresent, He could b found through a few instruments which include His word, praise, holiness, etc.
*CONCLUSION*: We require the Lord to help us and be on our side when seeking the Lord. We cannot do it by human efforts. Let us call on the Lord today to help us.
*EVALUATION* – Mention the examples of those who found God and how?
*CLOSING PRAYER* – Father, do not let m search for You in vain. Help me to find You. Help me to pay the price to locate you.
*ASSIGNMENT* – See Workbook.