RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL
Sunday, 26th June 2016
THE BLESSINGS OF FRUITFULNESS
MEMORY VERSE: “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” – Genesis 1:28
BIBLE PASSAGE: John 15:1-8
It is the plan of God that man should be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1:28-29). To be fruitful means being productive in any sense and yielding benefits. Fruitfulness and increase, whether in plants and. animals, depend upon the blessing of God which have allowed the human race to be perpetuated because as one generation passes away another one appears for continuity.
—– LESSON OUTLINES —–
1. WHY MUST WE BE FRUITFUL?
2. GOD’S EXPECTATION IN GENUINE FRUITFULNESS
3. ACCOMPANYING BLESSINGS OF FRUITFULNESS
WHY MUST WE BE FRUITFUL?
1. It is both a command and a blessing from the Almighty God (Genesis 1:28)
2. It agrees with the divine principle that fruitfulness precedes multiplication (Genesis 17:20; 35:11).
3. To be able to disciple or mentor others (2 Kings 2:9-12).
4. To enjoy a covenant blessing of overflowing fruitfulness on every side (Deuteronomy 7:12-14).
5. To ensure complete compliance of all men to God’s will (Matthew 28:18-20).
GOD’S EXPECTATION IN GENUINE FRUITFULNESS
1. Be a worthy living epistle to other brethren and believers alike (2 Corinthians 3:1-3).
2. It serves as an essential proof of the fruit of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-26).
3. Not forsaking the assembly of one another (Hebrews 10:25).
4. Covet the usage of the best spiritual gifts (1 Corinthians 12:8-10).
5. Be divinely committed to a holy and obedient lifestyle (Acts 8:26-31, Acts 16:25).
ACCOMPANYING BLESSINGS OF FRUITFULNESS
There are things you stand to gain if you are fruitful. These include:
1. Assurance of answered prayers (John 15:16).
2. Unspeakable joy (1 Samuel 2:1; Luke 10:17).
3. A sense of fulfilment (2 Timothy 4:7-8).
4. Opportunity to produce more fruits (John 15:3,5).
5. Divine security is guaranteed to ensure a continuous regular output (John 15:4-6). ,
6. Rewards on earth and in eternity (1 Timothy 5:18, Matthew 19:27-29).
Since we have been blessed from the inception by the Almighty God at creation, we should do everything to ensure our fruitfulness so that the blessing would manifest. May God give us this enabling grace in Jesus name Amen?
1. What were the first pronouncements made on man after creation?
2. Why must man be fruitful?
3. What is the covenant blessings attached to our fruitfulness?
Blessed Week with the Holy Spirit
o MONDAY: Genesis 9:1 – Be fruitful and multiply.
o TUESDAY: John 15:5 – Stay connected to the vine.
o WEDNESDAY: Deuteronomy 7:14 – God’s covenant of blessing is for you.
o THURSDAY: John 15:8 – God reckons with only the obedient.
o FRIDAY: Psalm 128:3 – Barrenness is not your portion.
o SATURDAY: Matthew 3:8 – Repent from your sinful ways.
o SUNDAY: Colossians 1:10 – Live your life to please God.
Ononowo Ayobami Olusegun
08060052038 / 08058093243